Loving Life

Thursday, June 29, 2006

A creamy affair at Melt Cafe

I think I have figured out why they call the buffet restaurant at Oriental Hotel - Melt Cafe. Although they had a good buffet spread of Jap, Thai and Indian cuisine, it was the dessert spread that wowed me...chocolate fountain, local kuehs, fruits, ice-kacang, wafles,..you name it, they had it. I was particularly excited when I found out they served Movenpick walnut maple ice-cream - which melts easily , hence the name ;))

My love for this flavour began when Jin ordered the milk-shake version from Crossroads Cafe at Marriot. The first sip hooked me! Unfortunately, I could not find this brand in the retail shelves so imagine my delight when I saw in at Melt. I had 2 scoops at lunch on the 1st day..and could not wait to have more scoops the next day. On day 2, I was happily telling my work mate that she had to try it when she broke the news that they weren't serving my fav. flavour that day! *horrors* :(

Decided that it was time to bring on the charm monster in me ;)..went to slather my full smiles to the chef and within 15 minutes, he came and presented me with 2 scoops :). Add in my little nutty condiments and lunch was settled :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home