Loving Life

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Goodbye my gentle T-rex : April 1991 - July 2006

He lived till 105 in doggy years. Rexy was given to me by my Form 4 secondary schoolmate when her brother developed asthma shortly after they got him. I remembered really wanting to haven him and therefore, took the risk bringing him back - all prepared for the "no no no" from my parents. Surprisingly, they took a liking to him too :). My fondest memories of him was when we went for a beach holiday leaving him alone for 3 days and when we returned, the living room was in a state of disarray. Rexy being the hyper silky terrier he is, obviously did not enjoy being couped up in the house for 3 days alone and decided that chewing and tearing down the house curtains would entertain him tremendously :)..I'll miss how he always barks like crazy and acts all brave when big dogs twice his size pass by our gate - knowing that he's safe with the gate protecting him from his nemesis.

We will all miss him dearly..Rexy - who greets you like there's no tomorrow despite having seen you just a couple of hours before - thanks for all the wonderful memories and as my friend Karen has aptly put it - for being the best companion one can ever ask for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home