Loving Life

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Quickie lunch at Ristorante Bologna


It's been a rather long, uneventful week and the constant rain did not help. Figured that a good meal was required to bring the weekend closer - so decided to meet up with Andrea for pasta at Ristorante Bologna. This place first caught my eye with its adverts featuring the "seductive" Chef Carlo. I am not sure if one can deem the ad sexy but hey, it got me there so I guess they did the job :). Andrea had a great credit card 1 for 1 offer so that sealed the deal on the choice of restaurant.

Bcos of the offer conditions, we had to stick to ordering only pastas. The menu featured about 15 choices. Based on the recommendation of the waiter , we ordered the home-made tortelloni filled with porcini mushrooms in Parmesan cheese and sage fondue and the Black tagliolini with crabmeat, lemon skin and light tomato sauce. The servers were kind enough to offer to split our pasta for us when we told them that we were sharing. Service was good and the food arrived quickly (for the hungry folks, a bread basket with generous portions of bread sticks and grain bread is served along with a simple tomato-based dip)

As baby Ixus is still in hospital, Andrea had to use her camera phone to snap pictures of our lunch. The nice thing about lunch with a fellow blogger is that while one snaps away, the other gets to start eating ;). I started with the mushroom pasta...which although looked quite ordinary, was surprisingly tasty. Every bite extracted the taste of mushrooms blended wonderfully with the cheese and sage....I gobbled down my 4 pieces pronto:)

I then took a bite at my 2nd pasta dish which strangely looked like the usual Beef bolognise to me. And guess what? IT was! The waiter wrote our order wrongly. He quickly made amends by removing the "salty" beef pasta dish and soon, the "correct" crabmeat dish arrived.

Although it came with generous servings of crab meat, I found the dish quite ordinary..there was a lack of infusion which I would expect from any good Italian restaurant. The thin slices of lemon skin in fact tasted odd against the tomato based sauce.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed the company and great service..will come back again to try the bacon pasta which Andrea had the last time and got her thumbs up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings! I've been reading your blog for some time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Lubbock Tx! Just wanted to mention keep up the good job!

Visit my blog fast diet

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home