Loving Life

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Martinis, Steaks and more...@ Mortons


I love the steak sandwiches at Morton's. I'm not much of a steak eater but somehow, the chunky bite sizes of meat sandwiched between 2 slices of perfectly crispy bread and loads of butter always draw me back to the Morton's....how to resist with happy hour deals of Martini's for S$10 and occassional free steak sandwiches (which you need to alertly pounce on as the waiter brings them around). I say occasional cos it only comes round every 20-30 minutes and you are only allowed one slice at a time..then the wait starts all over again ;p

Anyway, each time I visit, I have only had the steak sandwiches and lychee martinis. This time though, as there were 8 of us and we were a hungry bunch, we ordered some jumbo prawns and scallops with bacon wraps. The prawns were true to their name - big! and presented with some yummy marinara sauce for dipping, around a extra wide martini glass which all but screamed "eat me" - if prawns could talk :)

The scallops honestly deserve a blog post of their own. These were definitely high quality scallops - big, round and very succulent. The bacon was perfectly fried and that together with the scallops made every bite simply divine.

After 4 martinis (lychee, apple, lychee - i think Cass stole my 2 lychees!, apple), I can't remember much of what happened after that..though not drunk, I was definitely very sleepy so the rest of the night was quite a blur - i recall hitting some tennis balls and falling asleep on the bench in the courts ;). I blame the vodka laden martinis from Mortons *hic*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the great commentary Cin! a friend is planning a surprise birthday at morton's for his fiance, will load up on the jumbo prawns :D

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home