Loving Life

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Chatterbox is not all chicken...


After more than 3 years living in Singapore, I finally checked out the famous Chatterbox at Meritus Mandarin hotel - home of the "Singapore's best"(and in my opinion - pretty pricey) chicken rice . However, for those of you who know me well, I am not too much of a chicky rice fan so I ordered the next good looking item on the menu - The Lobster Laksa!

Surprisingly, the food took a while to arrive (considering that they were only about 70% packed and it was already 9pm). My laksa arrived in a huge bowl and the lobster looked really delightful...it tasted great as well ;). The laksa also came with 2 quail eggs, fish cake, lots of tau fu pok. I really liked the lobster and tau fu pok..I just wished the gravy had a bit more aroma and spice. The noodles were too soggy. The nice thing was that they served an extra bowl of gravy on the side just in case one felt the need to block up the arteries with more cholesterol ;)

My friend ordered the bak kut teh and it came prepared in the Msian style way - herby sweet soup instead of the pepper version. I now know where to come the next time I have a bak kut teh craving and am willing to shell $20 bucks for a bowl :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home