Loving Life

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Mid-year posting - June 2006



I finally created a blog! Decided that it's a good way to start off the 2nd half of 2006. How time flies! Last weekend was extremely fruitful. Keat visited and we went to check out Straits Cafe buffet at Hyatt and Garibaldi. The Indian selection at Straits is noteworthy but the rest of the stations dissapoint. Garibaldi which was highly recommend on Chubby Hubby's site was also dissapointing. I mean, it's nice but for that price, Ember and Buko Nero win hands down :). Tried the spinach pasta with braised duck and Keat had some artichoke ravioli which came out a bit bland. The lava cake dessert was superb with it's hazelnut ice cream.

Last weekend was also Andrea's bday. As Jin was away in India and he took along my trusty baby Canon Ixus camera, I only have these pix from Andrea. We had dinner at the latest craze in town - Graze. Out of the five dishes, the Ox cheek stood out (picture below). After dinner, we headed to New Asia Bar where the bday girl got us Moet champagne..yummy!




Enough about food..I also bought our very own mahjong set..it's still wrapped up but at least now we can play anytime. The uncle who sold it to me for S$50 from a shop at People Park Centre and told me to come back anytime I want to buy souveniers. Cute :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynda Ng said...

Welcome to the world of blogging....

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home